Wednesday 15 September 2010

Giotto Stoppino nesting tables

My friend Chris, who is a bit of a furniture collector, was having a clear out of some of his collection after purchasing a most excellent "new" piece.

To make room and to earn a few dollars, he emailed his hit list of items to a few friends and that was then passed on to others who love their mid century furniture.

Jo from Desire to Inspire wrote an hilarious post about her purchases here. All Jo's vintage pieces were made locally in Brisbane.

I couldn't help myself either and decided that with Christmas just around the corner, this was too good an opportunity to miss. I bought a few smallish, but very cool items.

Like this Giotto Stoppino set of three nesting tables in orange made by Kartell in the late 60s and early 70s. I love plastic fantastic!

Giotto Stoppino nest of tables

It doesn't take up a lot of space and will be useful when we entertain this summer. I have to find a home for it, so a bit of rearranging will need to occur in the house. I'm thinking it will be fun in our front entry with the butterfly chairs.

Casalinos and Stoppino getting acquainted



























I also bought a few other things in Chris' furniture clearance, but I will save those for another post.

11 comments:

  1. My goodness, they look good! Are you planing to open an upmarket wine-bar? They'd be be just the thing for a retro glam ambience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour, looks great on your back deck with the Casalas. I cleaned a set only yesterday to take to the WAC in yellow... we may have been cleaning them at the same time...funny. Can't wait to see your other purchases, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How coincidental is that? Great minds, Katherine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had these in yellow when I was first married! I should have kept them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Very jealous. Truly, they look fabulous!

    Isn't buying 'new' furniture fun?

    You must hurry and reveal your other purchases because now I'm itching to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need some friends like Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are fab and hard to come by. You do seem to be accumulating a great collection. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool are they! We have a single yellow one, I didn't realise that it was actually part of a set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love those tables. Especially the color, but also the versatility. They could go in so many places and used for so many things. I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh yummy yum yum - they just look fab with teh chairs best le xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails