Sunday 14 August 2011

Mid Century Brisbane House Tour

My Go-Go dancing buddy, Yvette has a very cool mid century home located in Brisbane.

I asked her if I could take a few snaps of her home to show it off to you, my dear blog readers. Yvette and her husband are extremely house proud. They absolutely adore their home of nearly two years which was designed by Brisbane architect Donald Spencer in the 1960s.

My photos really do not show off the home in the best light - they didn't realise that I would be taking photos when I showed up at their doorstop on the weekend! I took some random shots from my iPhone.

I just love their front entrance with its brightest of orange doors.

Wide orange door, with Neutra house numbers and funky light fitting
The picture below is of their carport which is adjacent to their front entry. They have grand plans for a Palm Springs style cacti garden for the front yard.

Funky carport screen
Orange chair covers on white butterfly chairs in the courtyard. Yeah!

Rubber tree plant in a vintage American bullet planter. Notice the lovely Featherston in the background

Casala chair and table setting on the other side of the courtyard.
Don't they have a very groovy place with cool furniture? It is a work in progress for them and I hope to show you some more photos down the track.

17 comments:

  1. Yeah baby! I love the colours and that rubber plant in that planter just sets that 70's vibe for me. Very cool home.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Very sensible to have that rubber plant in a pot....
    Anita, thought of you today when I left a note in a mailbox re: potential sale of yellow casala chairs seen on a balcony! Ha, I am hanging by the phone....should have knocked on the door...nah that would have been to much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely beautiful house. I love it ... and Donald Spencer, too!

    Do they have children? I'm interested to see if they do or not, because everything is so neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful house. I love it ... and Donald Spencer, too!

    Do they have children? I'm interested to see if they do or not, because everything is so neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All it needs is a 'Memphis' barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that courtyard. It's spectacular :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. On Grand Designs tonight they featured the most amazing home styled with mid century furniture, it was by far my most favourite house ever. Such an eye & just taste perfection. This is a great home too, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a funky funky house. The coloured panels next to the carport look great. So much white furniture...... I am presuming no toddlers lurking nearby to smear porridge and maple syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the house! So much fabulous furniture all working together beautifully. Love the pot plants, and think the cactus garden will look fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had forgotten all about the existence of those bullet planters..they used to be absolutely everywhere a few decades ago! My parents had one of those round shaped cane chairs..it was always just called the 'cane chair' in our house. That house is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all - I would feel like a child growing up all over again.

    Love that black and white bucket chair just outside the glass door. We had one of those

    take care

    x
    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, the orange really gives it lift without being too much. I'll admit orange isn't my favourite colour but I could live with it here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very envious of their furniture collection. Such great pieces, especially that Featherston chair. Can't wait for the followup visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool house, love the carport, patio, furniture, front door and probably the kitchen sink too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comments everyone!

    MMMC, they are nearly empty-nesters. And they're thrilled about it, in the nicest possible way of course. xx

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails